Sunday 22 July 2007

Open Letter from Hiwa's niece in Sheffield

Hiwa Butimar

Dear Amnesty International,

Can you please help us. My uncle is in prison for what he believes and I miss him a lot because when I was little he always looked after me like a dad. That’s because my dad was also in prison for what he believed too.
Once my dad was in prison for 12 month then 5 months, and a lot more times And it all adds up to more than 5 years. And I’m only 12 years old. I’ve lived with uncle Hiwa for half of my live I always called him dad and I love him as much as I love my real dad.
He is a good man he was working for a Green NGO. And I love him and I miss him so does my little brother, called Shiwan. He is 9 years old.
I hope that you can help us to get my uncle out of prison. Thank you very much.

Juwan (12) and Shiwan (9) Butimar, UK

No comments: