Sunday 22 July 2007

Open Letter from Hiwar's wife- Hero

An open letter from Mrs Hero Danish, legal partner of Mr Hiwa Butimar, to the European Union; Federation of Kurdistan journalists; International Federation of journalists; Amnesty International; Human Rights Watch; Reporters Without Borders; United Nations and European Greenpeace.

My husband was arrested by the Iranian intelligence service on the 23/12/2006 in the city of Mariwan, Kurdistan north east of Iran. My husband experienced all kinds of mistreatment and torture during his imprisonment in an Iranian intelligence prison. In addition to that, we were not aware of his location, and were not allowed to visit him.

On the 17/ 07/2007 the Iranian Revolutionary Supreme Court in the city of Mariwan unfairly sentenced my husband to death. Although I am a legal partner of Mr. Hiwa Butimar and I have documents to demonstrate my claim, the Iranian Supreme Court stated in the verdict that Hiwa is single.

As a result of this unfair verdict, I ask all humanitarian organisations throughout the world to take urgent action in order to halt the execution of my husband.

I will appreciate all your supports

Your sincerely:

Hero Danish

legal partner of Mr. Hiwa Butimar

No comments: